Flicker: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmMDN2Lp
After I read the first chapter of critical eyes, I had some ideas in response to Rexer's saying. One of those, I wrote, "what if there are no other people in this world?" There is a part where Rexer talks about critique and we should consider the meaning behind each picture that conveys to the audiences. "Photographs participate in many discourses, so making clear the specific audiences and the probable intentions of the photographer... all contribute to an understanding of particular pictures and the construction of meaning around them."
But, on the contrary, imaging if no one is judging the photos and no one is there to be framed. Especially at this quarantine time, there are only a few people on campus and on the street.
So I started with shooting some random things that are appealing to me and trying to show a world without livings. Although, in the later editing phase, I did consider aesthetics and tones.
PS. In this project, I used a digital camera and did all editings on computer.
After I read the first chapter of critical eyes, I had some ideas in response to Rexer's saying. One of those, I wrote, "what if there are no other people in this world?" There is a part where Rexer talks about critique and we should consider the meaning behind each picture that conveys to the audiences. "Photographs participate in many discourses, so making clear the specific audiences and the probable intentions of the photographer... all contribute to an understanding of particular pictures and the construction of meaning around them."
But, on the contrary, imaging if no one is judging the photos and no one is there to be framed. Especially at this quarantine time, there are only a few people on campus and on the street.
So I started with shooting some random things that are appealing to me and trying to show a world without livings. Although, in the later editing phase, I did consider aesthetics and tones.
PS. In this project, I used a digital camera and did all editings on computer.
Warch looks so sad without a ton of people roaming around...I'm excited to see what photos you can make being stuck on campus! I love all the railings and light...those windows can create such beautiful shadows.
ReplyDeleteThe present situation is certainly creating photo opportunities that would otherwise be impossible. Perpetually crowded spaces are rendered dead and empty as we all get used to spending the vast majority of our days cooped up indoors. I like the atmosphere created by your photographs; the feelings of emptiness and isolation are palpable. Looking forward to seeing more work from you this term!
ReplyDeleteI love the ones that you focus on taking pictures of the single object. Some objects or scenes are familiar but people do not usually pay much attention to look at. It is a good chance now to have new observations on the place that we are familiar with. The book drop boc, the garden label ,and the chairs are really peaceful but powerful photos!
ReplyDelete